Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Indignant is an understatement

We are half way through the week and I seem to be a bit out of sorts. I have no idea about the weather, which is usually something I pay attention to, and I just feel a bit off.

I teach class tonight. I started with 9 people showing up last week and now I have 14 in class. It kind of stinks because I covered all of the first day stuff last week so I will have to get the newbies up to speed quickly. It really wastes time having to redo things.

The girls lost their game last night. Jess played pretty well. She scored 12 but we had a girl on the team that just kept shooting three pointers, only hit two and wouldn't pass it to the open girls underneath. If the coach doesn't get that turned around, we are going to loose a bunch of games coming up.

Drew's team lost as well but only by 1. He played well. Had some blocked shots and some steals. He didn't score but had a good defensive game.

So I got the certified letter from the tenants. Long story short. They are claiming I broke Iowa code by not providing adequate heating in the house for two days. They wrote a statement about how I knew the furnace needed repairs and refused to do them and the plumber told them the furnace was a piece of crap and I should have had it fixed a long time ago.

Well, I talked to the plumber and he basically said they were nuts and he is writing a statement for me. They want money knocked off the rent to cover expenses they had while the heat was out. They still owe $500 rent past due, the $650 deposit and haven't paid rent on-time since the first month they moved in. When they both lost their jobs, I let them float on the rent until they could catch up and this is what I get.

Once I get the letter from the plumber I will go and talk to them and get this taken care of. It may be time for them to move on.

Life is full of adventure. I hope there are no "kick in the crotches" waiting for me today.

Off to start