Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The oath of office

We will have a new president sworn in today. It is going to be quite the event and I plan on putting the tv on today to watch the activities. There are many challenges ahead.

Weather is going to be ok the next few days. It will step up each day until it gets to 40 on Thursday and then it steps back down and gets cold and snow is expected for Sunday. WINTER!!!!

Drew was sick yesterday. He had an upset stomach Sunday night but got up and went to practice Monday morning. We were supposed to have a parent teacher conference at 7:30 but when he came to my office, he looked terrible and said he felt sick. I sent him home and he slept almost the whole day. He didn't eat anything until dinner.

I made chicken nuggets and mac & cheese. It was a hit. Drew ate quite a bit so I think he was feeling better. As I look back he barely ate anything on Sunday.

Jess has a game tonight. It is about an hour away. Carlisle is on the south east side of Des Moines so I will head out around 4:30. Tom Tom should get me there.

Did I mention I almost hit a train the other day. It was after the Carrol game and I was driving through a small town. I saw what appeared to be a low bridge or a wall in the middle of the road. It was dark and cloudy so visibility wasn't that great but when I slowed down, I saw it. A dang train track with a train sitting on it. No lights, no railroad signs, no cross bars. Dang!

The post office was closed yesterday (MLK day) so I couldn't get my certified letter. I will fill you in on that one tomorrow.

I am up to 14 in my Wednesday night class. I really hope I don't get anymore. Class becomes more of a lecture with a bunch of people. Small class sizes allows me to work with the individuals more.

Off to start.