Friday, December 12, 2008

Friday is like the prodigal child, you are always excited for its return

Still cold but the weekend is going to be in the low 40's. I think we are in for snow Sunday night or Monday.

Jess had practice last night so Drew and I headed to Ankeny with her to do a little Christmas shopping. We watched a bit of practice, one of the dads there was getting on my last nerve, so we headed out.

We went to Kohls and as we were walking around we came across two chairs with the massage things on them. Since we it had been a long day we decided to take a little break and get a chair massage. So there we sat for like 15 minutes. I don't think there is a time limit and the place wasn't that busy so who cares.

We decided to get back to shopping, which I really wasn't in the mood for, and walk around the store one more time. It so happens we end back up at the massage chairs as if it were calling me to it. So we sit down again for another 10 minutes or so.

Time kind of got away from me and we still had to go to Walmart so off didn't get anything done at Kohls. The chair massages were worth the trip to Ankeny.

Drew got spacers put on his teeth yesterday so his mouth was sore last night. He gets his braces on next week. He has gone through a lot already and we haven't even got the braces on yet. He handles it well though.

I am a little concerned out the club team this year. Jess is the best player on the team. Now that is not a slight against Jess but on a club team they all should be as good as her. I could be wrong but I don't think they will be anywhere near the team we had last year. I guess we will have to wait and see. Jess is really hitting the ball well. She has a 27 inch verticle and it shows. She is getting way up over the net and pounding the ball down. The parents in the bleachers were talking about her.

Both kids have games tonight. Drew plays in Jefferson and Jess plays in Huxley. Jess also has a home game tomorrow night. The team is 3-1 right now and Ballard, the team we play tonight in the town of Huxley, is ranked and very, very good. It will be a test that is for sure.

I will take some pictures this week and get them posted. I also considered doing another video blog but I will see everyone in a little over a week so I will save the VBlog for some other time.

Off to start.