Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Did I mention how I feel about winter?

We didn't get much snow but we have about 1/4 inch of ice and a thin layer of snow on top. It is very slick and pretty nasty. The wind is supposed to be gusty all day.

We are on a two hour delay for school. I am kind of hoping they just cancel it for the day. It is nasty out and it doesn't seem like it is going to get better today.

I think I saw on the news a cancellation for the school that we are supposed to play in basketball tonight.

Drew's team lost both of their games last night. He played about half of the A game and about half of the B game. He did fine he just needs to develop a little more foot speed and agility and he will be fine. He has very good coordination and power he just needs more speed.

I am done teaching class for the year. It is going to be a good break. I start up again January 12 or 14. It depends on the numbers for class. DMACC is tightening the budget so they are only holding classes that have a certain number of registered students. I am not sure of the magic number but I heard it is around 10. This means there is a chance I will have a class canceled or maybe none at all, who knows. I am scheduled to teach 3 classes so I would imagine at least one will be a go.

The students took their test and I was out of there around 9. It is really boring on test night. I just sit there and surf the web.

Ok, off to start this cold slick day. I am knocking on wood that I don't fall down walking to work today.