Friday, October 24, 2008

Setting my goals and setting them high

The lying weather people said it was going to stop raining and get sunny this morning. They lied! It is going to be rainy again but we are supposed to "be clearing up and sunny tomorrow". The bastards. I would rather have them error on the side of bad weather. Tell me it is going to be rainy and then if it sunny, cool! But to tell me it is going to be nice and then it really is crappy......mood killer!

The girls lost their last home volleyball match of the year. They played a pretty good Nevada team and won one game. They played pretty well we just don't have the talent they do. Volleyball is probably more predictable than any other sport. More than any sport, the better team wins in volleyball. Every once in awhile you have an upset but it is not as often as other sports.

It was senior night, we have 5 on the team. They were all crying and carrying on. It is always a bit sad when their time in the uniform is almost over. Jess said she will cry next year.

Drew worked the concession stand and learned how to count change back. He said it was easy and he like working. He is good with math so counting change is pretty simple and he is a smart kid so I would trust him if I was running it.

I am looking forward to the weekend for one simple reason. I WANT A NAP! As sad as it is, that is my goal this weekend. To take a nap one of the afternoons.

I guess you have to hang on to the little pleasures in life to make it through.

Off to start the day!