Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Pizza by the slice and a fish taco

The weather is going to be very nice today. Tomorrow back to the misery of the humidity.

Last night Drew had a game. They lost BIG. Not even sure what the score was but it was ugly. Drew did alright. He played third and didn't have any errors but there wasn't much activity his direction. He struck out when he was up to bat but fouled off a bunch of balls so he at least battled.

There is nothing on the agenda for tonight and that is a good thing. I need to mow the lawn and fix our basketball hoop but we really don't have plans.

Jess went to the game with me last night and we sat along the third base line, where Drew was playing and watched the game. It was nice. It had been awhile since we were just out somewhere talking. I enjoyed hanging out with Jess more than the game itself.

Drew has to mow Nancy's lawn this morning and then I think Jess plans on taking him out to the pool this afternoon.

Continuing on with the California trip day 6.

The Emerald or Crystal Cove spot we stopped at was very cool. the beach was small but it was a rocky cove so there were big rocks out in the water and when the waves came in, they splashed up over them. The water wasn't very deep so we could walk down the coast a bit. The scenery was amazing. The only problem was there was this HUGE hill we had to walk down and back up to get to the beach. When I say a big hill, I mean a BIG hill. I have some video of this that I hope I can post so you can see it.

From there we went to Laguna beach. That is kind of a ritzy town with a bunch of art stores and antique shops. The beach was small but setup with a playground and walkways. I thought it was kind of cool but it wouldn't have been the beach that I would have chosen to spend the day at.

While at Laguna Beach we stopped and bought some souveniers and ate at a pizza place that made pizza by the slice. I mean, they didn't make a whole pizza and give you a slice, they actually baked the pizza by the slice. It was decent but not great.

It was getting late and we were wearing down so we headed back to the hotel. The trip back was an adventure of course because we could not find out turnoff. I think they must have changed the name of the road somewhere along the line because we took a road called "Dover" to the PCH and there was absolutely no "Dover" to get off of it.

We tried an alternate route and got lost. I of course ended up on the 5 again. We eventually found our way back to a road we were familiar with and were ok.

We had a bit of drama about dinner. Nancy wanted Taco Bell but I didn't know where one was. She swears there was one just about a half mile from the hotel but I don't think so and had been lost so many times, I didn't want to venture out again. There was a Del Taco across the street but she wasn't having that. Whatever. I had Del Taco. My first experience of a fish taco.

(Nancy - If you are reading this, I hope they open a Del Taco in Des Moines, becuase we are eating there!)

So we get back to our hotel, watch a bit of tv and head off to bed for the night. We have a big travel day ahead, which I never look forward to.

As I layed in bed that night, I thought that in about a day, I would be back home and it would seem like I had never been away. I really had enjoyed my time in California and was kind of sad to know it was coming to an end.

Day 7's adventure tomorrow (You aren't going to want to miss this one....it was quite a day)