Monday, July 7, 2008

Humidity is natures way of flipping us the bird!

Well the humidity is back and kickin my ass! More of the same today and most of tomorrow. I think we are supposed to get a break from it by mid-week. I am sitting here sweating just thinking about it.


Update on the weekend activities. Saturday Drew had a all-star game in Grimes. The lost by the ten run rule after 6 innings. It wasn't a good game for anyone but Drew hit the ball well. He got on once and was fielded out twice.


Jess had her regional game Saturday evening. They lost but she had a very good game. She hit and got on base all three times up to bat. The team had only 6 hits on the night and she had three of them.


Sunday we went to Marshalltown for another of Drew's games and they lost 9-4. It was close most of the way through but the had a bad inning and it cost them the game. It was tied 1-1 after 4 innings. It was very hot and humid and sitting out there was not comfortable at all.


Here is a pic of him pitching in the game. I took it with my phone so it isn't the best.

Work is a nightmare right now but I won't go into all of that. Instead, I will continue with the saga of the California trip.

Day 5:

We had class like usual but we were planning on going to the beach and eating dinner there as well so we all hurried back after class to get ready to go.

We hop in the car and head to the beach. We go to Huntinington Beach and find a parking spot. Ok so this spot was just one of the first lots we saw and I just decided to use it.

Out to the beach we go and we walk along the shorline for awhile. We decide to go to a place called Ruby's diner. It is kind of a 50's style place. They have burgers and shakes, etc. It is at the end of this long pier so when you sit and eat you see the ocean around you. It is kind of cool but we didn't get a window seat. Oh well.

It was kind of breezy at the beach and I think Nancy had to wear a sweat shirt. It was a little chilly. So we walk back down the pier and see the sun starting to set. I suggested that we just walk down the beach back toward the car and watch the sunset. Well, I parked the car to the east and the sun was setting in the west so when we walked back, our backs were to the sun. Let the complaining begin.

We did get to see the sunset but it was very hazy on the horizon. They were having big fires up north and I think it caused the sunset to be hard to see as it decended. It was still very nice to watch.

We head back to the hotel and I was mentioning how we made the trip without getting lost or taking a wrong turn. I spoke to soon, I missed the turn to Disney and ended up on the 5. Since I have become familiar with the 5 by this time it only took us about 10 minutes to get back to where we should have gone.

We went to Downtown Disney for awhile and watch the fireworks. It was a pretty nice night. It was also the end of the conference and our last night at Disneyland. In the morning we have to go to a different hotel and we plan on going on a drive down the coast. We have a glass of wine before bed and get ready to start our sea side adventure.

More tomorrow.