Tuesday, July 8, 2008

It is the little victories that need to be appreciated

Humidity is still high but I think it is supposed to go away tonight. WHOOO-HOOOO!

We got a bunch of rain last night so Drew's game was postponed. He is ready for the season to be done so it would have been better if they would have had the game. They play again tonight and they would be done but with the postponement, they play Thursday.

I finally got the state report mess off my desk. I have done all I can do and it is no longer my problem. That is a great relief.

Today, I have a bit on manual labor to do. Not a big fan of the manual labor. We have a computer lab to move and a equipment rack to move from a remote location. I think this week will move along pretty fast.

California trip continued:

Day 6

We get up and pack all of our stuff up and say goodbye to Disneyland. It is actually kind of sad. Spending a week at the "happiest place on earth" is nice but having to leave is a bit depressing. So we walk through the landscaped area outside the hotel one last time and head to the car. I had checked out Google maps and plotted a map to our new hotel. This hotel was only a few minutes from the airport so we wouldn't have that worry in front of us on Saturday.

We head out and want to find a place for breakfast so we figure we could just find something along the way to the new hotel. Well we didn't see anything for a long time. Nancy wanted IHOP but it just wasn't in the cards. We ended up eating at a Denny's. It was good. Luck have it, the hotel was right across the street.

We get checked in, they were putting new carpets in the hallways. The hotel was very nice but we had to have rooms pretty far apart.

We put our stuff away and head out to the beaches.

We started at Huntington beach and spent a few hours there. We swam around in the warm Pacific ocean until the waves beat the hell out of us. The sun was warm and the beach was awesome. As we were heading out in search of our next destination, I get a call on my cell phone from the school. They were having trouble with this state report and needed my help ASAP. The superintendent was not happy about the report being late and he wanted it fixed.

Well, it was 4:30 their time so there was very little I could do, besides, I was on the beach, taking a day off so I wasn't really in a position to help even if I wanted to.

Next we drove down the Pacific Coast Highway, south. We took a wrong turn (go figure) and ended up in a parking lot. It cost us $10 to get through the gate and we had no idea where we were headed. It ended up being awesome. I think it was called Emerald or Crystal cove. We spent a bit of time there.

I have some picutures and video of some of this I will post later. I will stop here for now. It is a lot to read and a lot to type so I will break this episode up over two days.

Part II of the beach tour tomorrow.