Friday, July 11, 2008

If it's a lazy summer, why am I so tired?

It is hot and humid today. The temp is going to be in the 90's but the "feel like" temp is going to be in the 100's. It is a good day to stay inside and enjoy the air conditioning.

Drew had his last baseball game last night and it ended as we anticipated. I think they lost 18-0. Urbandale was the best team in the tournament and had no trouble at all beating the hell out of our team.

Drew went to a friends house prior to the game and hurt his foot jumping on a tramoline He was limping during the game and when he had to pitch he only lasted about a inning and 2 batters before he just couldn't hit the target anymore.

The seasons are finally over and I get my evenings back. It is going to be a bit odd to not have to go to a game or anything. It seems like the only days we have had off were Tuesday and those were sometimes taken as well. It will be good to not have to rush to games for awhile. It is also good that I will be able to save a bunch of money of fuel costs. Driving to games everday is a bit expensive.

There are no plans for the weekend. I cut the grass the other night so I don't have to worry about that. Jess cleaned the house so it is in pretty good shape. Heck, I might be able to spend the weekend on the couch watching reality television.

I think Jess is planning on taking Drew to the pool today. It is going to be very hot so it should be a nice day to be out there. I need to make sure they have plenty of sun screen and drink plenty of fluids.

It is Friday and I really don't have much to talk about today. I am looking forward to the weekend but will be working half days at least, Saturday and Sunday.

Have a good weekend.