Monday, June 9, 2008

You know what? I am pretty glad its Monday!

It looks like it is going to be dry for the next few days. It is a welcome forcast because there are floods everywhere. The rivers are way over their banks and the resevoirs are full. There are streets all over Des Moines that are closed due to the rain. They even closed University avenue for awhile yesterday. What a mess.

The weekend was ok. Jess played in a softball tournament Friday and Saturday. They lost all four games but there were close and had a chance in all of the games. Jess played well.

Saturday, I sat out in the sun all day watching the games. They played at 8:30 and then not again until 3:15 so it was a long day at the park. Drew and I got our hair cut and then I got the oil changed in my car. I got pretty sun burned on my face but it is fine today. I tend to burn but it turns to tan in a couple days.

Drew went to a dance Friday night and then stayed overnight at a friends house on Saturday night.

Jess also had a volleyball tournemant yesterday and a prom meeting. She is the class treasurer and the class officers had a meeting and got some fund raiser ideas together.

Today Drew has weight lifing at 9:30 and then Jess has a game in DCG tonight. Tomorrow appears to be open.

I will have to deal with my tenants this week and pay a visit. It isn't something I really want to do but there seems to be no option.

Just a couple more weeks and I will be headed to sunny California. Whoo-hooo!!!

Off to start my week.