Friday, June 6, 2008

I think I need to write a country song

So much to tell and so little time.

Jess had a game last night. They lost 14-0 in three innings. The coach is ticked off and is letting the team know it. I think they got about a 20 minute lecture last night. Of course when you have zero hits and two errors on the night as a team, you are pretty much in a hurt.

The stupid powers that be, at the country club, decided to have golf league last night. It was windy, and cloudy and wet and half the course was unplayable. We played the first 7 holes and then were supposed to walk the last two.

Well, number 8 is a long par 5 and it takes us as far away from the carts and the clubhouse as you can get. We teed off and were walking down to hit our second shots when the thunder rolled and the lightning flashed and the sprinkles of rain began to fall. We said the hell with that, picked up our balls and went home.

There was big rain and thunderstorms last night. Creston, Iowa had 10 inches of rain. Most places are a mess and this pretty much stinks.

Drew had a game last night. They won 5-3. He is getting tennis elbow, I think he has been thowing kind of side arm, so he is having some trouble. He is still playing well but he arm is sore at night. I have been having him ice it and take Aleve.

My tenants are being butt heads. They wrote me an email and said they couldn't pay all the rent on the first they would have to pay half now and half on the 16th. They couldn't even pay the first half until today. Well, yesterday I get another email from them and they say they spent $200 plus on paint and supplies to paint the attic and want to deduct it from the rent.

They hadn't even paid half at this point. What the hell. I told them I am not paying for their paint. That is an option and if they want to paint they can but it is their expense. They have been requesting all of these improvments on the house but have yet to pay a deposit or this months rent.

Fridge still broken. Repair guy comes today.

I have to say, life isn't dull. The problem is I have a mouth full of cancer sores dealing with all of these shananigans. Whatever!

The superintendant did a wage comparison for our positions with other schools in our conference and state wide schools our size. It turns out I am one of the LOWEST paid tech directors, and am the LOWEST in the conference. I hope this means I will be getting a jump in my salary.

It is Friday and Jess is supposed to have a softball tournament in Urbandale or Ankeny, not sure which, today and tomorrow. I am not going today but will go to the games tomorrow.

I need a vacation.

More saga Monday.