Tuesday, June 3, 2008

When you are up 18-0, why would you leave your starting pitcher in?

The rain is falling and the thunder and lighting are overhead. Needless to say, I am not a big fan.

So the Bluejays and Jayettes took an ass kickin last night. Drew's team got 10 runned in the 5th inning of their game. Jess and the Jayettes weren't so lucky. They were down 12-0 in the 1st inning and ended up losing 18-0 after 3. They only got through the batting order once and Jess was the only one who didn't strike out. She popped up a ball over third base and the outfielder caught it. The high school boys team also got 10 runned after 4 innings in their game.

Tonight we have nothing!!! Drew has practice at 6 but there are no games on the schedule.

We will still have a few teachers around today but the majority of them will be gone for the summer. We have summer school classes starting today and those will go on until the end of June with the exception of the elementary. They have two sessions and pretty much go through the whole summer. (Those students have to be hating life.)

Summer school is only half days though so not as bad as it could be.

I wish my cold would go away. I am still coughing and have all the cold symptoms. I want to feel good for a change.

So there are some good things going on right now. The summer is just kicking off and the countdown to California is beginning. While school was going on it seemed like that trip was too far away but now that it is june it is just a few weeks away. I hate the travel part but it will be great to be out there.

Tuesday is one of my favorite days of the week lately. There aren't any games or activities and "Hell's Kitchen" is on. The kids and I sit in the front living room and I have a glass of wine and we watch that show. It is the one time of the week we just kind of hang out.

Ok, off to start my day.