Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Let's start a pool---How much will a gallon of gas cost on Labor day?

It looks like there is more rain on the way today. The west side of Iowa is getting a storm that is moving northeast and should be here in central Iowa by mid-morning. Jess is supposed to have a game here in Perry tonight. I guess it will depend on how much rain we get.

I did get the lawn mowed last night. It was pretty nice out but I wasn't much in the mood to enjoy it. Work was rather sucky yesterday and I predict a 50-50 chance of it sucking today as well. While I was mowing, the wheel of my mower FELL OFF! The damn thing broke and completely fell off the mower. I turned it around and got it to work for the rest of the job but it is wobbling and night right at all. I have no idea if I can find a wheel for the damn thing. I really don't want to buy another mower.

Not sure what the hell is going on. The dryer craps out, the fridge breaks down and now my mower has big issues. My golf cart is in terrible shape and barely drivable. My gas grill doesn work. I am jinxed! Everything is breaking down.

Here is the other part of that. Let just say I replace the grill and the mower. What am I supposed to do with the broken ones. I hate to have my place look like the home of a redneck but I can see why people have mowers, grills, ect in their yards. Not the easies of things to despose of. Whatever!

On the bright side of things. Nancy brought in a pan of brownies yesterday. No matter how crappy things get, a nice brownie can get me through it.

The mosquito population is exploding. They are everywhere with all of this water standing. I am sure it is going to be a very humid, buggy summer. I am going to put something in the yard to help with the mosquitos but we also have those little black bugs. The biting bastards maybe as bad as the damn mosquitos.

Jess and Drew went to the country club pool yesterday afternoon. It was a nice break for them to get out and do something other than practices or just hanging out at home. I think they were there for a couple hours. That is the one nice thing about Jess being able to drive. She can do things like that without me having to haul them around.

Off to see where today takes me.