Friday, June 13, 2008

I am not sure what I would do if my house was flooded to the roof

So the rain came down again yesterday morning and I have bit of water in my basement. It isn't too bad. It is in Jess' room right under and in front of the window well. I used the carpet cleaner to pull up the water (Thanks for the tip Nancy). It seemed to work well. Last night it was still wet but drying.

I left work a little early yesterday to clean the gutters on my house. They were bad and I am sure that didn't help get the water away from the house. Anyway, it is good to have done and I am hoping we don't have anymore water issues inside the house.

The city had to sandbag our power plant yesterday. The water from the river is rising and may hit the plant today. It is scheduled to crest this afternoon so we will see if we lose power today. That would royally suck! I have a sump that is going on and off all day and without power, I am doing it manually.

Jess had a softball game last night in Saydel. They lost 7-1 but it was pretty close most of the the game. They gave up 5 runs late but the game was closer than the score indicates. She played well but didn't have much luck batting. She hit the ball everytime but popped two up for outs and then grounded to the pitcher and they threw her out at first. At least she didn't stike out.

She has a tournament today and tomorrow in Ft. Dodge. They play both games this morning so it is a pretty short day for them.

Drew has a tournament of champions game tonight in Urbandale. I think he needs to be there by 5:15. I would imagine they will get beat tonight but you never know. He has had about 6 games rained out this year. I am not sure if they will make them up.

I don't have any meetings today, which is awesome.

I didn't get to bed until almost 11 last night so I am very tired this morning. Jess needs to get up at 6 so I am sure she will be a little bundle of joy this morning.

The sun is shining and it is supposed to be dry today. There are so many roads closed around here it is ridiculous. I think they even plan on closing I-80 sometime either today or this weekend. Click this link to see pictures of the flooding here in Iowa: http://iowaflood.com/

We also had a tornado hit a boy scout camp. For of the boys died.

I hope we have a dry weekend.