Monday, May 19, 2008

You have got to be kidding...Dude! Do that at home!

So I have this cold. It is just draining all of my energy and quite frankly kind of making me a zombie. I was sitting here drinking my coffee and surfing the web and I almost forgot to post the blog today. It kind of just shot into my head, CRAP! THE BLOG!!

Today the weather is going to be ok. Drew has a baseball game tonight in Granger. The HS boys have their first game on the new field tonight as well. Jess has softball games Wednesday and Friday. I am not sure if she is going to get to play. The rumor is the coach has said the track girls will have to sit out 4 games for missing practice becuase of track. Whatever!

Speaking of track. Jess had a pretty good weekend. She got second in the 400 and second in the Sprint Medley relay. The 800 she had to run right after the Sprint Med and she didn't have anything left and ended up running a second slower than she did at Regionals. The 4x400 team ran poorly and didn't advance to the finals. So 4 events and 2 silver medals. I am pretty sure she will get a gold before she graduates. The same girl that beat her in the open 400 also anchored the winning team in the Sprint Medley relay. Jess ran the exact same split as her in the anchor leg but she had a lead going in so she just couldn't gain on her.

I should note that I was sitting in the stands Saturday morning waiting for the races to begin and some dude sitting a few feet down from me, take off his shoes, then his sock and start CLIPPING HIS TOE NAILS. What the hell is that all about. You bring clipper and decide to do that in the stands at the state track meet?

The weather was awesome of the meet. It was a very nice weekend in general. I have this cold and my nose is running and I have a cough, sore throat and I feel exhaused all the time. It really sucks. I think I slept for about 18 hours yesterday.

Nine school days left before summer break. Track is over and we are gearing up for all the softball and baseball games to come in the next month and a half. I really enjoy watching the kids play but being gone almost every night gets to be tiresome. I think we will be pretty much done with things by the second week of July. It will be good for the kids to get to go to the pool and just hang out a bit this summer.

The girls from Jess' club volleyball team want to come to Perry and go to the pool at the country club. It should be fun for them. The girls on the team were texting Jess and congratulating her on 2nd at state.

Drew had a good time at the play on Friday. He said he enjoyed the play better than the movie. I will have to take him to the school plays next year.

Off to start the last Monday of the school year.....Next Monday is Memorial day, NO SCHOOL!!!