Thursday, May 22, 2008

In a race to see who sucks the most, I think Rush Limbaugh still wins but Hannity is a close second

Thursday is golf day. It is also the day the ladies that work for the garbage department put on their sundresses and high heels to pick up the residential garbage.

Jess started the vasity game last night but they got beat 10-0. They played Winterset who is ranked and we are not very strong. Our pitching is poor and we have some definite weaknesses in our lineup. I am not sure if she is going to keep her varsity spot or not but I am thinking she will. She played pretty well for only practicing twice before the game. She actually hadn't even practiced batting against a live pitcher this year before the game.

The team is young and will struggle to win games, especially early in the season.

The next game is tomorrow in Norwalk. Norwalk is about an hour drive so I am waiting to see if she is going to play varsity before I decide if I am going to not.

Drew doesn't have anything until next week. It really kind of stinks because I was teaching when he had that string of games and now that I can go, they don't have any for awhile.

Work is going ok. I can't wait for the school year to be done. We are in a bit of a hovering pattern. We are just waiting to get going on our summer work. I also want the students and staff out of the building.

The gas prices just keep getting higher and higher. It is really going to put pressure on families in this community. Just going to ball games is becoming a big expense. Friday the hour drive to Norwalk and back will use a quarter tank of gas or more and when you figure the amount per gallon of gas, I wonder how some families are going to be able to make it. I am guessing some of them just won't be able to go to away games.

I know some people commute to work everyday. That is going to get more and more expensive. You add in the cost of groceries going up and you have a bunch of people in trouble. As much as I complain about the things at work, I am happy I have a good job.

The sun is shining and the sky is blue. I think we may get some rain later but I hope it holds off until after I golf.

Off to start the day.