Thursday, March 27, 2008

What the hell is going on? SNOW!!!! Give me a break.

The weather today is less than desireable. Originally it was going to be in the 50's but Mother Nature decided to stick it to us and now we are going to be in the upper 30's.

Jess has a track meet today and I think there is a good chance they will cancel it. This really sucks because there is only 2 home track meets all year and this will be the second year in a row that we had to cancel one of them.

Class went well last night. My Wednesday night group is really a joy to teach. They are all pleasant and participate. Only 4 more classes left and the semester is over.

I had an Adjunct Council meeting yesterday and it went well. It is nice to meet other Adjuncts and get a little involved in the campus. When I just teach in Perry, I am very much removed from the rest of the college. Being part of this group makes me feel more like I am part of the staff. It is nice.

I would like to get my Masters degree so as I get older I could teach at the college level full time. It is a good pace, you meet a lot of good people and you don't have the weight of the world on you all the time. It also pays pretty well so that would be nice too. I could also teach indefinitely so I wouldn't have to worry about how I hold up as I get older.

The rest of the week should move by pretty smoothly. I have a bunch of work stuff to deal with but as far as meetings, it should be better. I do have a meeting this morning at 9 but I think that is it for the rest of the week.

My tenants are moving into the house this weekend. They are wanting to move their stuff in but not take posession until the 1st. I told them they could move in this weekend if they put the utilities in their name. If they did that, I wouldn't charge them rent until the 1st. They agreed so we will do a walk through Saturday morning.

Jess have a volleyball tournament that day and will have to leave early so I will have to drive up after the walk through. I hate taking two cars with the gas prices so high but what can I do? I filled up my car last night and it cost me $42. That is a lot. I guess until we all just stop driving so much, the prices will just continue to go up. Refer back to taking two cars to Des Moines this weekend. I appear to be part of the problem.

Off to start the day....Trash day (Filthy Bastards!)