Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Me and Hillary, I got shot and she got shot at in the war

We are have arrived at the middle of the week already. I have decided I like the term "Peak day" like a mountain peak; instead of "hump day" like a dog and a stuffed animal. The week is moving along quickly but there are many activities ahead so we will see how the rest of the week goes.

Jess had her track meet yesterday. They left at 7 am and the track meet started at 10. I called to check on her progress at 5:15 and she still hadn't run yet. They had 27 heats of the 400! What the hell is that all about? Waaaaaay too many teams. She ran a pretty good time 61.25 seconds, which is well ahead of her pace from last year at this time. In the 800, there were 23 girls in her heat; once again, what the hell is that all about? She got boxed in and ran 10 seconds slower than she did on Tuesday. She told me she just couldn't get around anyone without having to push someone out of the way.

There really is no sense in having that many teams at an indoor meet. My guess is that it is strictly a money maker for the university and the teams just want to get another meet in before the outdoor meets start.

Anyway, she didn't get home unitil late. Tonight she has track and volleyball practice. Since she missed school yesterday for track, we will have to see how much homework she has. If she has a bunch, she may have to miss volleyball practice.

Drew had a good track practice yesterday. It was cold but he said the practice was kind of fun. He is not one to complain so even if it sucked, he probably wouldn't say it.

I teach class tonight and I also have an Adjunt Council meeting today. I volunteered to be part of this committe to work on issues Adjuncts face and to provide some opportunities and events for our group. That meeting starts at 4:30 at West Campus and I teach at 6 there so it is not too bad of a deal.

I emailed the provost last week and let him know I would be interested in teaching again in the Fall. It would be nice if I can do it again.

Nancy has a birthday coming up. Saturday is the big day so we are going to have a litte birthday party for her Friday.

Thursday Jess has a home track meet. I signed up to work the event. My job is to be a "picker". Basically, I stand at the finish line and have a finish assignment. I tell them what lane my runner came in. There are 12 people at the finish line. 6 timers and 6 pickers. One timer and one picker per place so they can compare to make sure, in close races, that they agree on the places. I like it because I get paid $25 to watch Jess run and get the best seat in the house.

Off to start my day.