Friday, March 28, 2008

You know I am not going to have the salad

Even though it was supposed to be a short week, it seemed like a long one to me. The weather yesterday was crappy. Sleet in the morning. Actually I am not sure what it was, it was little balls of ice. Not quite hail but not rain either. It made the roads slick and it was cold.

Yesterday afternoon we got some snow. What a wonderful treat that was....NOT!

Today the weather is supposed to be ok. Highs in the low 40's but sun. The track meet that was supposed to be yesterday was moved to today. It will be a cold one so Jess will have to make sure she keeps warm and stretches.

Drew had track practice and baseball practice yesterday. He has a 45 minute baseball practice indoors. It seems to me kind of a waste of time to have that short of a practice but whatever. It is more of a hassle for the parents to drop off and then come right back and pick up again.

The tech department is celebrating Nancy's birthday today. We are going to Breaduex pizza for lunch and having a little celebration. So much for my diet.

I have been dreaming crazy dreams lately. Not sure what that is all about. I can't remember the dreams in the morning but I remember waking up in the middle of the night and thinking, "What the hell was that all about?". Anyway, I think I am going to take a notepad and pencil and put it on my nightstand so when I have one of these dreams, I can write it down before I go back to sleep. I will keep you posted on that one.

It is going to be a busy weekend and I think I am going to take my laptop with me. Jess has a volleyball tournament and I have staff evaluations to get done so I think I will do that in between games. I might as well do something productive while I am waiting. That is really the things about tournaments. They play, then they have a game or two off, then they play again, and this continues on throughout the day. Usually it is just one game in between their games but over the course of a day, that is a bunch of sitting around.

I will let Drew decide if he wants to go or not. The tournament is in Des Moines and we should be home by 6 so if he wants to stay home, I think I will let him. He can always call if he needs anything and Nancy is right across the street so he should be fine. Besides he has our ferocious watch dog to help him out.

Husker Spring practice started this week. It is nice to have a little taste of football to get me through the rest of spring and summer. Here is my first shout-out of the year - GO BIG RED!

Have a good weekend.