Monday, November 19, 2007

Monday - I am thankful for Codeine

Back to the Monday cycle. The weekend was not good. I was sick most of it. I have had this dang cold for about 3 1/2 weeks now and this weekend it got really bad. I was coughing, had a head ache, upset stomache, diariah and completely exhausted. I stayed in bed all day yesterday and probably slept for 18 hours between saturday night and this morning.

I feel a bit better today so I hope I am over the worst of it. I got some cough syrup with codiene in it and that seemed to do the trick.

Drew has practice this morning so he is up and an about. Both kids have games tomorrow night. Drew's game is here in Perry and Jess's game is away. I am going to Drew's game. It is his first basketball game as a Bluejay so I don't want to miss it.

There is only two days of school this week. The kids have Wednesday off. I still work but with nobody around it really isn't too much like work.

The weather is supposed to be pretty good until Wed. We are supposed to get up to two inches of snow Wednesday night and I hope it is done snowing for my trip back to Nebraska, Thursday morning. My plans at this point are to go up on Thursday morning early, like 6 or 7 and then come back home on Friday. The huskers play at 11 and jess has practice at 3 so I am going to have to head out in time to watch the game. I figure if we leave by 7 we will make it back in plenty of time. Probably not the best but at least we will get to come back.

I am hoping that today and tomorrow are slow at work. I have decided to postpone all the meetings I have schedule for today and tomorrow to sometime after the Thanksgiving break. I will make those calls today.

I am looking forward to the kids games starting up again. It seems like it has been awhile between seasons so it will be good to see them play again.

The codiene really works wonders. Yesterday I was coughing like crazy and I have been up an hour already and not even a little cough.

Ok, I just walked Drew over to the school and starting a little coughing. I guess I will have to take some of the codeine potion again before I go to work. The stuff does make my mouth dry and have a funny taste.

Oh yeah, my chest hurt so bad this weekend I though I might be having a heart attack. I'm a nut!

Short week begins!