Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Tuesday - I am thankful for the sheets on my bed

I love this time of year. It is Tuesday but the last day of school this week so it seems like Friday or at the very worst Thursday. Tomorrow I have to work but there isn't any school so it is like a day off anyway.

I don't have any meeting scheduled today and it is typically pretty slow in the office the day before a break. The one possible snag is this: Teachers are just as lazy as anyone else and they get the break fever maybe worse than the kids. That being known, I would guess every teacher in the district is going to want to take kids to the computer labs today to "research". It is just a way for them to not have to teach the day before a break. The teacher sits at the front of the room, go to ESPN, or EBAY or wherever and just let the kids do whatever they want.

This can cause some issues for my department with kids not knowing passwords or getting into trouble and whatnot. I will just tell the teachers to email me the kids names for a password change and they can use a guest account for today.

I need to run out and get my oil changed today but am not that worried about it. I am not even sure if I am due. It just seems like awhile since it has been changed. I will get the car cleaned out and my window taped up good for the trip to Nebraska. I am sure Jessica will want to drive most of the way so I want to make sure everything is in proper working order. My biggest fear is that we are rolling down the highway at 75 and a front tire blows while Jess is at the wheel! Knocking on wood again.

Both kid have games tonight. Jess came home last night and told me the coach told her she is not playing JV. I wonder if she is going to start for varsity. There are three other girls that play varsity on JV and the only other one that gets playing time at varsity is still playing JV but is limited to 2 quarters. I was thinking that if she wasn't going to start varsity she could have played 2 quarters of JV as well. It would be kind of cool for her to start varsity but we will have to wait and see.

I am going to Drew's game tonight. I am really looking forward to it. He is on the "A" team but doesn't start. He will get plenty of playing time so it should be fun for him. Middle School games start at 4:15.

Ok, here is some stupid stuff that I do. I watch this show called "Chuck". It is kind of a long story to explain and I'm sure if I tried it would sound stupid, so just believe me when I say it is a good show. Anyway, Chuck has this girl, a CIA agent, that he works with, sort of, and they kind of have a little thing. Well the writers set it up so you want them to date but there is always something stopping it, the bastards! So I am like caught up in the show were I get a bit sad when things don't work out. How crazy is that? It is just a show but it somehow can impact my mood. Maybe I will turn out like one of those crazy people that think TV is real and those people are really doing the things on the show.

It is a toss up between Chuck and the Office to what my favorite show is. The writers strike is putting a damper on the season. The Office doesn't have any new episodes as a result of the strike. Once again, The Bastards!

Off to start my Friday - I mean Tuesday!