Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Like running in a tar pit

It is a chilly Tuesday morning. 29 degrees with a nice stiff breeze. Drew had his morning practice so I walked over with him and let him in the school awhile ago. He was not as chipper this morning as he was yesterday. One day of getting up early is ok but as the week goes on I bet his attitude gets less and less sunny. He is not one to get too grouchy about having to get up so it won't be too bad. He also likes to be be able to come home right after school.

Jess had two tests and a long practice yesterday. The bastetball practice started at 3:45 and she didn't get home until 6:50! She said they did a lot of conditioning and a bunch of drills. They have some freshmen and a few older girls that are terrible so the coaches yell most of the time, at least according to her.

She was in a pretty good mood last night even though the day was tough. We talked about the volleyball club team and I called the coach and talked with her a bit. The schedule doesn't ahv any conflicts at this point. I told the coach the high school sports have to come first and she said that is kind of the standard for most of the girls and wouldn't be a problem. We are going to find out about the money portion today or tomorrow. They have payment plans so we are looking at what that looks like. I told Jess if the money is an issue we will just have to skip this year. She was ok with that. I think she is a bit nervous about the whole prospect. We have until the end of the week to make a decision one way or another.

I am supposed to go to Des Moines today to meet with a vendor and a couple of Microsoft engineer big wigs. I have a state report that needs to get done. It didn't pan out yesterday, so I am not sure if I am going to be able to go. It won't break my heart any if I have to stay here in Perry and work.

Dawn leaves for San Antonio today for work. She will be gone until Thursday night.

Off to start my cold day.