Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Going green doesn't mean eating moldy bread!

For some reason I have felt like there is not enough time in the day to get things done. It isn't that I don't take ten minutes here and there to kind of slack off and do nothing but it seems like there once was a time when I was just looking for something to do. I remember writing to this blog one time about needing a hobby. Well those day are over.

Jess had another long practice last night and then called and said she had Academic Decathelon last night. Why in the heck she keeps signing up for stuff when she is already very busy, I will never understand. Anyway, she didn't get home until about 8. I have to give her credit, her mood is good and she had homework and didn't even seem to be grouchy about it. I guess I will let her keep doing what she does as long as she keeps smiling and her grades don't fall.

She told me there was a kid at school yesterday with a knife. A big knife like a scalpal type of thing. He had in class and the teacher didn't notice. Jess and a friend both saw it and he knows they saw it so she was afraid to tell anyone because she thinks he would know it was one of them that told. She says he is in a gang and is worried that someone will get stabbed. I am going to talk to the principal today and let him know. I told her that if she sees stuff she should go to the counselor.

Drew is adapting to the morning practices. He is fine getting up and was up and smiling this morning but the toll is paid at night. When I get home at 5 I can already see the sleepyness in his eyes and he in to bed by 8 or 8:30. He is much more reserved about what his days or like so I have to keep asking for info.

I ended up calling the vendor I had a meeting with yesterday and telling him I was too busy to come. I am glad I did, I really did have a bunch of stuff come up at work yesterday.

It looks like we are having the Nichols family Christmas on the 23 this year, a Sunday. It works for everyone so it should be a good time. I look forward to seeing everyone. Thanksgiving is up first though and I hope everyone makes it to Jon's restraunt for the, what has become, decorating of the restraunt party. I had fun last year and hope to get back again this year.

Pretty much a boring blog today but once again, the life of a simple man!

At least it is Hump Day.