Wednesday, August 1, 2007

In some states, we would be legally married!

Well it is Wednesday but it seems like I have been through a weeks worth of events.

Work has been crazy. People calling and needing stuff, imagine that, and there is so much to do before school starts.

We have the new staff orientation today so I will have the new teachers for a little over two hours today. I needed to get stuff together for that - make copies, setup phone accounts, go over presentation, print handouts, etc. At the same time, the phone is rining off the hook, the buildings are calling with "needs" and just when I thought I was at the end of my rope-------------------The FREAKING EMAIL SERVER CRAPS ITSELF!!!!! There is a hardware failure and the whole system is down.

Ok, I took a breath---in most cases I would have to replace the server but in this instance the entire backup file is on one of the drives of that server so I need it to be able to recover the system. Fortunately I had our server vendor scheduled to come in today for a wireless project. The focus will now shift to getting that server up. That will be going on while I am training the new staff---I had to scratch the email portion of the training.

Golf last night, like I had time to go and do that, went ok. I didn't golf very well but neither did my partner and we laughed and had a good time. It was probably a good thing for me to do after the day I had. Have a few beers, laugh a bit and get the hell out of the office for awhile. Anyway, it was a good time.

I am sure you are curious about the title of my post..........

Last night I had a dream that I was flying in a plane and there was a bunch of turbulence. Now the dream itself is a bit fuzzy but I do remember this part. I am talking to a group of people after we land, apparently they are friends of mine in the dream but I really can't recall who it was. Anyway, they are talking about the turbulence and how bad it was. So I pull out this broken light bulb, that I had apparently sat on during the turbulance, and as I held it up, I said, "In some states, we would be legally married!" and I laughed and laughed and laughed. As a matter of fact I woke up laughing.

It really isn't that funny, I know, but it sure was a hoot in my dream last night.

More of the saga of Rich tomorrow.