Thursday, July 5, 2007

Humidity Sucks!

Ok, I hate to complain....lol, but this humidity really stinks! The weather is awesome as far as temp and a clear blue sky but this hazy, humid air makes it miserable to be outside. I guess I didn't realized how crappy it was until I went to California and did not have to deal with humidity. Ignorance is apparently bliss.

The 4th of July was decent. Jessica and I went to the parade then we went to the pool. Drew went to a friends house to watch the parade. I gave him a necklace that had a shark tooth at the end of it. He turned it into a bracelet and yesterday when he was diving for candy at the parade, the shark tooth went into his hand. It is a pretty good cut and the tooth went all the way in and he had to pull it out. It is probably not necessary to have a stitch but it is close. His hand is sore so I told him he doesn't have to go to weight lifting today. I cut the took off the necklace!

Last night we had a fire in the fire pit and watched the fireworks. Yes, it was too hot for a fire but the kids wanted to do it and wanted to roast marshmellows so I agreed.

Jess has a softball game tonight. It has been a tough ending to the season for her. She has started at first base almost all year but a girl, who is a senior, has come back from knee surgery and taken her spot. It is a shame because she has played well all year and really didn't do anything to loose her spot. This girl has been an all conference player the last couple of years and they want her in the game. She can't play anywhere else because she has limited mobility. They are trying to get Jess in the game so in the last game. The other girl played 5 innings and had to have a runner for her when she got on base. In the end of the 5th they had Jess come in for her and run and then just stay in and finish the game at 1st. She did well. She played to defensive innings and didn't have any errors and the one time she got up to bat she got a hit.

The radio announcer had a lot of good things to say about her but it is a tough pill to swallow when you loose your starting spot because they think they owe it to an older girl. She is doing well though and the season is almost over. She should be proud because she is the only freshman to play offense and defense as a starter and she played as well as anyone on the team this year. She has nothing to be sad about.

There is a game tonight. It is away but close so I think I will go. There is also a tournament this weekend, I am unsure if I am going to that or not.

I wish there was a pool for our cul-de-sac. It would be great to be able to swim and sit by the pool after work every day. It might make the humidity a bit more tolerable.