Friday, May 4, 2007

Gloomy Friday

It is a wet and cloudy Friday. I have had enough of the clouds and rain for awhile. It is rather depressing. It looks like the rain will last today and then start up again Sunday night and keep going through Tuesday. What a drag!

Jessica had a wet, windy and cold track meet last night. She placed 2nd in the long jump, 1st in the open 400 and 2nd in the Sprint Medley relay. The team left early because the weather was so terrible. They left before the last two events. When she got home Jess said she was as cold as she could be and it was the worst track meet to run in. I told her, at least it kept your mind off being nervous....lol

Drew's baseball game was called off. It was an out of town game, about 30 minutes away. We were just entering the town so we had driven about 29 miles and my cell phone rings. Game called off!!! Nice timing. They didn't call the game until 5:15 and we were supposed to be there by 5:30. So we wasted precious gas for no apparent reason.

I am the home plate umpire for Drew's game on Sunday. I don't mind doing it but it is more fun to be a fan sitting in a lawn chair. I have two home plate umpire duties and two base umpire duties.

Things are busy as usual at work. I am constantly torn between real work and meetings. I like the work part of my job. The meeting part is a time consuming necessity. Wednesday, I felt like my brain was just full. No more room - No Vacancy - done! I am better today. Either my brain has more room now or I just forgot some stuff....lol

We are getting close to the end of the school year. The last day of school is June 6. It will be good to have summer here. Nancy, me and Joyce (she is the HS guidance office secretary) go to California at the end of June. We are going to training for a new school administration system. It is a full week and located at the Disneyland hotel. How cool is that? I will post more details on that as we get closer to the end of June.

With Drew's game Sunday and Jessica's conference track meet Monday. I hope to have more pictures to put up next week.