Thursday, April 12, 2007

The Weekend Cometh

Thursday has me thinking of the weekend ahead. It is such bad weather lately and the weather man (The lying bastard) says it is supposed to get much better on Sunday. I have a bunch of yard work I want to get started on but it is a little tough to get motivated when there is SNOW on the grass.

Jessica has a track meet tonight. She is running 3 4oo's. She runs the open 400, the sprint medley relay where she is the anchor running a 400 and the 4x400 relay. She is bit nervous but I am sure she will do well.

Drew is going to a movie with a girl on Friday. It is kind of a long story but one of his friends is going with a girl and her friend likes Drew. He was paid $3 to dance with her at a school dance a few weeks ago...lol Now this same friend is taking his girlfriend to the movies which mean Drew has to go with her friend. It really makes me smile when he tells me about this stuff. He said that his friend "Jackson" is planning on putting his arm around this girl at the movie. Another friend told Drew's date that Jackson was going to do that with her friend and would she care if Drew did that too. She said he could put is arm around her but when Drew found out he was ticked off. He said, "I'm not doing that. It would be uncomfortable." Another smile for dad.

Life is rolling on like normal. Work is busy and and most days like a dramatic movie. You have villans and heros, victims, sad situations and plenty of drama. The days I like best is when I can just do my work on the computer and not have to deal with all the "other" crap that seems to monopolize much of my day.

The Microsoft trip is fast approaching. I think it will do me good to get away for awhile.