Friday, March 30, 2007

Rainy Days and Fridays

If you were working for the weekend you are finally happy to see Friday. I am not looking forward to today so much. Nancy is gone and I will be busy all day and we have a bunch of stuff going on at work that is stressful. Nothing that is too terrible but unpleasant and part of the job.

Jessi had a track meet last night. She ran the open 400. She got 3rd place with a time of 63.49 seconds. It was her best time of the year so far and the best time on the team. Her coach told her if she knocks a second off her time she can make it to state. It gives her something to shoot for.

She also ran the 4x400, they came in second. She ran a 63.44 seconds. They actually have a pretty good 4x400 team. They have one weak link and if they can get her time down they may have a shot at state as well.

I worked the track meet. I might as well get paid $25 to watch Jessica run. I was a "picker". What that is, is one of the people who pick who came in what place. I had second, so as the runners ran through I would say who came in second. It takes 12 people to work the finish line. 6 timers, that time the runners and 6 pickers. It is a good job because I get to be there at the finish line when the Goose runs.

There is another track meet today but it is supposed to rain all day so I am not sure what will happen. It is out of town and I am not going to this one.

We are going to Marshalltown tomorrrow for a Volleyball tournament. We have to be there at 7:45 am so we are going to have to leave at 6:00 am. That sucks on a Saturday.

I will take pictures this week for the blog.