Friday, March 9, 2007

Melty, squishy but not Taco Bell

The weather is getting much better here but it has presented another problem. MUD! The country roads are so bad that the county has closed them to our school busses for at least 3 weeks. There is a thick layer so slush on the roads with soft mud undernead so it is not a good time to have a beautiful country home. Needless to say we have some upset parents. Oh well, blame it on the county supervisor.

Class went well last night. There were only four people there and the two oldest people decided not to stay for the last hour. We cover Microsoft Excel the last hour and they have enough trouble with Word that Excel has been a strech for them. The two remaining student, a husband and wife that work for a car dealership, had a private lesson. I think it was good for them, I showed them how to make an invoice template from scratch and how to customize it to what they want. I think they had a good time. WHOO HOO - Excel.

This week I recieved an email from Microsoft. We have been doing some beta testing with them for a year or two and we are currently in a program to beta test a product this summer. The project manager of this program emailed me and invited me and Nancy to go to MICROSOFT!!! All expenses paid for two days. They have the beta group go to Redmond, Washington and meet with the developers and engineers. They pay for hotel, food for the two days, we just have to pay for flight and ground transportation. The flight appears to be about $250 so I think the school can afford it. So I will go talk to the superintendent Monday to get approval but it should be a done deal. I wonder if I can take pictures while we are there. How cool of an experience will this be?

Jessica has a tournament in Marshalltown this weekend. We have to leave at 6:30 AM Saturday. SUCKY! Drew has his basketball team pizza party on Sunday at our house. It should be fun.

Spring break starts on the 16. The countdown begins.

Miss you all.