Sunday, August 29, 2010

I think it is time

I have had a long break since my last post. I suppose I would tell anyone that reads and has followed the blog that there are things in life that come along that make you want to keep everything to yourself and shut everyone out. I believe it happens to everyone and there comes a time that you must make the choice-- stay locked up or move forward. It is time for me to move forward.

A bit of catching up as a lot has happened in the last few months.

Jess has gone off to college. She is loving it at ISU. She has a good roomate and has found a new girl friend that she really thinks can be a lifelong friend. All summer she worked hard on her ISU track workout and has been very dilligent with her committement to get better.

Drew worked out a little this summer and has been working hard at cross country. He has put in a ton of miles and is getting to be a much smoother runner. I think cross country has been good for him.

I went to California for training this year and it was a really good trip. The training was really good. Nancy, Joyce and I went to Universal Studios and it was a blast.

The trip wasn't without its issues. I get to the airport on the way out and they tell me my drivers license was expired. Yes. It was July and my license has expired in October. They let me fly but the rental car in California was in my name and so was the insurance. Long story short, Nancy drove in LA for about 6 blocks and I made it through the whole trip without getting pulled over and arrested.

School has started and so far thing are going pretty well. We ordered over 200 laptops this summer and it was quite a project. There really is too much to tell so I think we will just move on from here.

I start teaching again for DMACC and my first class for the fall semester is tomorrow. I am kind of looking forward to it. I also teach on Wednesday nights. The classes are smaller than last semester so that is good.

The drum beat starts again.