Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Have you seen the new Barbie...C'mon!

I think the weather is going to be good again today. In the mid 50's so that is good.

Drew has a basketball game in Atlantic. It is a long trip for them.

Jess plays Boone here in Perry tonight. The first home game of the year.

My back is slowly getting better. I was able to sleep through the night last night with only three or four painful moments.

Class went well last night and we are winding down the semester. I already have 8 people signed up for Monday and 9 signed up for Wednesday next term.

The budget cut gloom is still looming over the district. Our Superintendent is keeping pretty tight lipped about the big plans but the staff is getting restless. The break over Thanksgiving gave us a little boost but I think the gloom and uneasiness is starting to come back.

I think the longer she waits to make the plans known, the more people complain about her.

Today is the day that anyone wanting to take the early retirement option can file paperwork with the district to do it. It will be interesting to see how many people take advantage of this. It may be one of the things she is waiting for before making the projected cuts public.

It is amazing to me that it is only a few weeks before Christmas. Time sure flies. Speaking of which, I need to get.

Off to start.