Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I think we need a bigger boat

Weather is ok today. Mostly cloudy but upper 50's so I guess I can't complain.

Not much on the agenda for today. I have to teach class tonight and I have a bunch of stuff that I need to take care of at work but nothing more than the usual.

It is kind of quiet and uneasy at the school lately. I think everyone is kind of shaky with all the budget cut news. Word is starting to spread a little about all the positions that are targeted for cuts. It kind of reminds me of the rapids before a waterfall. The water is getting choppy and it is only going to get worse from here.

Eventually we will go over the waterfall, take the plunge, struggle to the surface and then the water will calm.

The kids enjoyed not having practice last night. It was a good break for both of them. We made homemade pizza and Micky came over and ate with us.

Drew had a TSA work night so he was gone for a couple hours. He really enjoys that.

Not much else. Mid week and we need to get over the hump.

Off to start.