Tuesday, October 27, 2009

End of a great run

Well, we lost our the regional game last night so Jess is done with volleyball. She was sad of course but she played really well. They lost the first game but really had it won but let it slip away. They won the second game and lost the next two.

Jess did her best to keep the team in it but we just have one really bad player and a couple others are marginal so we just don't stack up and Jess can't do it all.

On the bright side, they have a better record than any other team in Perry school history. Jess ends the season with a bunch of school records, kills per game, kills in a season, blocks per game, blocks per season and a couple others.

I guess it was best to end it on the home court. Jess has had a terrific high school run with volleyball and she had definitely left her mark.

She is going to take a few days off before starting up basketball practice.

Drew is enjoying his time between seasons but open gym for basketball starts for him tonight.

I am going to try to enjoy the free evenings because once basketball starts, we will be back to having events every night.

The mood at school is bad, everyone is kind of down with all the cuts. It is very quiet and a bit strange. I think it will be a rough rest of the year. A bunch of people are going to lose their jobs and it just sucks.

I feel a bit sad that I won't get to watch Jess play volleyball again. I have really enjoyed the high school years with her and each season is going to be tough for me to see pass by. I am not sure how I am going to hold up when she heads off to college.

Ok, off to start.