Thursday, September 24, 2009

TRAGEDY!

Yesterday morning Mylee was under the weather. She wouldn't eat and just seem a bit lethargic. I took her into work with me and about 9:00 she just wasn't right so I called the vet and they set an appointment at 1:30.

Around 12 she really started getting out of it. Her eyes wouldn't focus and she started to get limp when the small seizures started. Nancy and I rushed to the vet, she had a big seizure in the car and went unconscious. By the time the vet arrived to look at her she was in bad shape.

He worked on her and found out she had a stomach parasite and that was everywhere in her stool so it was really bad. He treated her and told me he would call and let me know.

Last night at 8:05, I got the call. She had died. She was 13 weeks old.

I was in the middle of teaching class and that was pretty rough but I made it through. It is a very sad time and even though she was only with us for a few weeks she was very dear to all of us.

Molly kept looking for her last night. She kept walking around the house smelling and kept looking in her pen. She laid and slept outside her pen.

I am at a bit of a loss. Shelby was very hard and Mylee brings back many of the feelings of that day. The kids are very sad but will be fine. Time tends to heal.

I am not sure what I want to do. Part of me just doesn't want another dog. I just can't go through this loss again. It is too hard. The other part of me knows how much joy a dog brings to everyone in the house and maybe it would be good to just get another one and get that joy back.

Right now I am just sad.