Friday, July 17, 2009

Zombie by 7

The weather today is unseasonably cool. I think we may be in store for record lows today. It is very cool and breezy.

We are headed to Ames this morning to the Iowa State campus to meet the track coaches and see some of the facilities. It will be interesting.

The local news is reporting that the police are doing a seat belt check this weekend and it is going to be state wide. If you are driving through Iowa, make sure you are wearing your seat belt or risk a ticket.

We have had a bit of a controversy here in Iowa as of late. Each year, the state fair puts on a butter display. They have a butter cow and they sculpt different people in butter that might have been in the news or in the public eye. This year they planning on a moon walking Micheal Jackson.

There was a bunch of negative feedback so the put it to a vote. The vote ended yesterday so the state is holding their collective breaths waiting for the results. We should know sometime today if there will indeed be a moon walking Micheal Jackson carved out of butter. (I will keep you posted)

I am not sure what the deal was but last night I was completely wiped out. I was nodding off at 7:00 and headed to bed around 8:30. I feel much better today but it felt like I kind of wasted the night because I was so tired.

It was also a double wammy because Jess stayed home last night. One night in about 2 weeks that I get to hand out with her and I can't keep my eyes open.

I will spend some time with her this morning on the trip to Ames so it works out.

Ok, off to start my day...Have a great weekend!!