Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Welcome to the center of my universe

Class went well last night. I thought I was going to get out early but it ended up being after 9:30 before my last student left. I don't have to teach Wednesday so I really didn't care if I had to stay late.

I don't think I have anything on the agenda for today. My tech at the high school is gone this week so I have to deal with checking out the laptop cart today but that isn't a big deal.

We had our budget cut meeting yesterday and it didn't go well. Some people were willing to offer up some cuts to their departments or building and others just sat and said nothing. The conversation turned a bit ugly when two or three people weren't willing to offer anything up.

In the end the Superintendent is going to just give each department or building a dollar amount he wants them to cut and we will have to decide what we want to cut. I think this will be a bit more fair but it kind of ticks me off that a couple of our "managers" don't think they have anything they can cut. Give me a red pen and their staff list and I will be happy to do it for them!!!!!

I guess I will find out how much I need to cut within the next week or so.

Tomorrow I have a morning training session and a facility committee meeting at 5. Jess has her regional playoff game at 7 here in Perry against Nevada. We beat them both times we played them this year but they have improved and we seem to have gotten worse.

I think Jess has a volleyball tournament every weekend for the next few weeks. They are all in central Iowa so it won't be too bad. I think she plays in Bondurant Sunday.

Drew has been enjoying his time off in the evenings. He had a friend over for awhile last night. We will watch TV together tonight.

OK, off to start