Thursday, December 4, 2008

Yes, Virginia, winter sucks!

Still cold and windy!

Drew is job shadowing me today. I am not sure how fun it will be for him but it is required for one of his classes. He is going to be with me all day. I will find some things for him to do but it will probably be a bit boring for him. At least we get to have lunch together.

I have a meeting this morning and nothing scheduled for the rest of the week. It is a good feeling.

Jess had her first volleyball practice last night for her club team in Ankeny. The rules seem very strict. The coach was a D-1 college coach for awhile and doesn't have experience with running club teams. The thing she has in her rules is that the girls can't miss a practice or a tournament. Well, that is an issue. For almost all of the girls, they are in other sports and the high school stuff comes first. One of the rules says, she makes and exception for seniors for prom. Well, I hate to tell her but juniors are going to skip a practice or a tournament for prom. I think she has a bit to learn. If she really sticks to these rules, she won't have enough girls left to have a team.

Jess thought the girls were nice and I think things will go well. The adjustment period to this style will take a bit. I think Jess had fun and is looking forward to it.

Had a bit of insomnia last night and I am not sure why. I hope it doesn't continue over the next few nights or I am going to be one tired dude.

I watched Smokey and the Bandit last night. Maybe that is why I had insomnia. Images of Buford T. Justice in hot pursuit. I still think that is a pretty good movie. Seems a little corny now but I like it anyway.

Ok, off to start.