Monday, December 1, 2008

I feel like a bear waking from hibernation

It was a good weekend. The weather was marginal but the days off were a good break for me.

I tried to do a little shopping on Black Friday. What a mess! I wanted to get a tv. I am using some of the money I made from teaching class to buy a 40 inch LCD TV for the front living room. I want a specific model and they had a great sale on them. Of course the two places I went were sold out! I will give it a try again later.

Thanksgiving was ok. I made turkey and it was the best turkey I have ever had. It was just perfect. I am not sure what the deal was but it sure turned out good.

We got about three inches of snow this weekend. I wasn't outside much so it wasn't a big deal to me.

Nancy did her Christmas baking on Saturday. Jess and Drew helped a bit. It is one of my favorite things. She makes chocolates and cookies, caramel corn, chex mix and a bunch of wonderful things.

Jess had a basketball scrimmage on Saturday morning. It was at North Polk. She was back around lunchtime.

Sunday was a bit of a waste. I had a headache and didn't feel that well. I laid on the couch most of the day and watched a marathon of the TV show "Solitary". I think it would be fun to go on that show. Maybe I will send in a video next time they are auditioning to see if I can get on.

Three weeks until Christmas break. I have two more Monday classes and one more Tuesday class. It is good to be almost done with the classes. I will miss another one of Jess' basketball games Tuesday.

It will be a busy week for Jess. She has practice all week with a game Tuesday. She also starts volleyball practice with her club team this week. Tonight there is a rules meeting so after practice they will be headed to Ankeny for that. She will have practice Wednesday and Thursday.

Drew has a game tonight in Perry at 4:15 so I will be able to watch it.

I am not sure what I have on my work calendar this week but I guess I will check it out when I go in this morning. I really do feel a bit refreshed from the weekend and ready to start again.

Off to start