Tuesday, October 14, 2008

This is the best blog ever!

The weather is cold and a little rainy. Not the best of a fall day but what can ya do?

Drew has his last football game of the year today. They play here in Perry but I will miss it because I am teaching in Des Moines. Jess has a volleyball tournament here in Perry as well but once again, I am in Des Moines.

My tenants owe us over $1400 and are saying they put $500 cash in a night deposit that we never received. They claim the bank stole it. They are going to the bank today to talk to them about it. Whatever! What I know is they owe us a lot of money. They are supposed to pay $900 today but seeing is believing.

Yesterday we had a guest speaker in to do a seminar for the district staff. His name is Dr. Alan Zimmerman and it was interesting. It was about the effects of positive thinking and there was some benefit to it. Would I want to go through it again....No! But I did get something out of it. I am not big into the whole "self help" type of seminar but I guess it is better than digging a ditch.

I don't have any meetings today so that is good. I hope my new office chair shows up today. My back has been killing me and I think it is partially due to the chair I have been sitting in.

Today is the last day I will spend in my 30's. The big 40 tomorrow. I really don't care, I just hope the weather is nice so I can enjoy the day.

Working my way through the week. I am going to start my wonderful day (Positive thinking ya know.)