Thursday, October 16, 2008

The day after

The weather is cold but the sun started to shine at the end of the day. Today more cold weather, maybe some clouds and dry.

My tenants are just killing me. They finally paid $900 of the 1500 that they owe but swear they paid $500 in a night deposit, in cash and the bank must have stolen it. I told him that until we get it, they still owe.

They also can't get the furnace to start. For some dang reason every winter we have to have the heating guy go to the house and replace a part to get the pilot to light. So as some money comes in, back out it goes.

I think they are finally making money consistently enough to keep paying rent, which is a good thing.

Jess has a home volleyball game tonight. They are playing with a breast cancer awareness theme. The girls are going to play with pink and white volleyballs. They are going to wear pink and white socks and wear pink ribbons in their hair. They also sold t-shirts that go to the Susan G Komen cancer awareness campaign.

I think there will be a big crowd and it should be a good thing.

Thanks everyone for sending me a birthday email yesterday. It was very nice and a big pick-me-up. I can't tell you how much I appreciate all of you. We don't get to talk or see each other much but you are a very important part of my life. Thank you. Thank you.

Today is trash day and I hope the ladies freeze their butts off.

One meeting today and nothing on my agenda for tomorrow.

I read a birthday quote yesterday. "Three things happen to a person as they grow old. First, they lose their memory. I can't remember the other two."