Monday, October 6, 2008

I think it is time for a reality check

It is going to be 80 today! What the? Anyway it is going to cool down after today and I think we are supposed to get some rain later in the day and into tonight.

Drew went to the orthodontist and he has this apparatus in his mouth. It sits in the soft pallet of his mouth and is supposed to spread his upper jaw so his teach align correctly. It just sucks! It is like a metal plate that has a slot in it. Twice a day, we have to put this wire in it and crank it one spot to spread it out. I can't tell you how horrible that is. He is taking it pretty well. Much better than I would. I think I would rather have crooked teeth. He also had trouble eating. I feel bad for him.

So I am not sure what is worse:

* Being a Husker fan
* Being an Iowa fan
* Being a Iowa state fan
* Being a Cubs fan

I suppose it would be best to be a Cubs fan because at least the suffering is over!

The Huskers just stink! I had to play Playstation (Nebraska vs Missouri) and I hung 185 points on the Tigers, just to get the bad taste out of my mouth. I think it is going to be a long season. Up next Texas Tech who could also have 50 or 60 on us.

Jess played in a volleyball tournament Saturday. They got second place. It is kind of a shame because the team they lost to in the final, they had beaten earlier in the day.

She also played softball Sunday, it was the last weekend for that. I am glad it is over. The weather was good for all the games so we lucked out but it really took up most of the day on Sunday.

Tonight both kids have games at home. I teach so I won't be able to watch.

I did get good news Friday. DMACC has asked me to teach again in the Spring so I am all set. I will be teaching Monday and Wednesday nights.

I have two meetings this morning and I think that is it for the day. I do have a bit of work to get done in the office so it should be a good day.

It is Monday and my least favorite day of the week. The sooner I start it, the sooner it will be behind me.

Off to start!