Friday, October 31, 2008

I think I blinked and it was Friday

The weather is awesome right now. We are going to get into the low 70's or at least upper 60's today. It is going to be like this through the weekend.

FCA had a "Trunk or Treat" event last night. They kids decorate the trunks of their cars and put candy in it and then the kids come and trick or treat like they would in a neighborhood. She enjoys it.

Drew and his friends roamed the streets last night. They didn't really do anything but they are too old to trick or treat but they want to be out in all of the action.

I handed out candy. We had, I would guess, about 30 kids. Not a big crowd in out neighborhood but that's OK.

Mary Frederes was a secretary at the middle school and she retired last year. She is a friend of Nancy and me and she took us out to lunch yesterday. We went to the Hotel Pattee. I haven't been in there since it re-opened. The lunch was good and the prices are very reasonable. It was nice to see her and it was a good time.

I don't have any plans for tonight but I should spend some time outside. It is just too nice to let day like this slip away.

Nothing on my schedule for today but that can change in a heartbeat. This weekend I am headed to Des Moines with Drew to get some basketball shoes and to get my haircut. Huskers play the Sooners Saturday night so I have that to look forward to.

Thanksgiving is just around the corner. Kind of hard to believe it is already November.