Wednesday, October 29, 2008

At least I don't have to drive around and deliver subpoenas

It is good to get to the middle of the week. The weather is going to be nice. 60 and sunny.

Class went well last night. I only had 4 people in attendance but one of the students emailed me and said they had to work late and would not be able to make it.

Jess has the rest of the week off from sports. I always ask the kids how their days went and last night when I asked her, she said "Great!". I almost fell out of my chair..."Great"? I am not sure if I ever heard her say her day went that well before. She was just happy to have the afternoon after school free. We will see how long that wave lasts.

Drew has basketball practice everyday and they are really working on conditioning. He grumbled a little bit about it last night but I think mostly it was because he was tired.

I have a couple meetings today but I am hoping things are relatively calm.

Yesterday all the phones in the district were called by a auto-call system from a funeral home. ALL 300 PHONES. Of course this has the trickle down effect of each one of the people that received that call, immediately call me. I sent out an email message to explain it to avoid a flurry of calls today. We will see if anyone reads it.

Off to start