Monday, September 8, 2008

Things are tough all over!

Well, it is Monday and it feels like it. Suckfest!

Rainy and chilly is the forecast and so it my attitude.

Jess played in a softball league yesterday in Ames. They did well. She played 1st base like normal but they also let her play shortstop for a couple innings. She actually played well. She has good speed so she made a couple nice grabs on the run. I am not sure if I have ever seen a lefty play short before.

Drew's thumb is getting better but I think I am going to go to the store today and get a small finger brace and tape it up before he goes to practice today. I think it was hard for him to miss practice for a couple days. He really likes football.

I teach class tonight so it will be a late night for me. It is not so bad because I have my lesson plan for tonight complete so there is plenty of work to cover for class. It is always hard to go through the first two days of the week as I teach class. Those days get long.

Jess has a volleyball match in Adel Tuesday. I will miss it because I teach. She has a tournament here in Perry Thursday. That should be fun to watch. Drew has his first football game Tuesday of next week.

My calf muscle is still giving me fits so I am taking a break from running until I can walk without a limp.

Off to start the week.