Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Is there some type of law about turning the heat on in September?

It is a cold one this morning! When I woke up it was 42 degrees outside and it feels like winter is here already.

Class went well last night. I think I have a pretty good group of students on both Monday and Tuesday nights. It makes a big difference when you have a good group. The classes are more interesting, the class participates in discussion and asks good questions. All in all, it went pretty well.

Tonight I will be teaching at the West campus. I will review my material today and go through some of the exercises. It should go well but you never know until you start.

Drew is back to practicing after his finger injury. His hand is pretty bruised and it still hurts a bit but he is going at it. I bought a finger splint thing and taped and we taped his finger up before practice. Actually I had a meeting so Nancy taped his finger up for him.

Jess has a volleyball match in Adel tonight. I hope they do well.

This weekend is the big Iowa vs Iowa State football game. It is kind of a fun week at school because people wear their team colors and they have a bunch of Iowa vs Iowa State fan games. It is a nice distraction from the day to day grind that life throws at us.

One of the TV station's sports crew loads up in a RV and travels between Ames and Iowa City this week. They live in the RV and broadcast their adventure. It is kind of fun. Although, I am not a big fan of either team, it is a fun week here in Iowa.

School board elections are today. We only have one seat open and the incumbent is running unopposed. There is also an item on the ballot but it is not interesting enough to go into here.

By the way, what is up with the McCain adds. "He fought republicans, she fought republicans". Are they running as Democrats now? Whatever!

Have a great day!