Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I think the light at the end of the tunnel is a train!

Not as cold here today as it was yesterday but it is going to get a little warmer and a bit of humidity is going to return. I think there might be a little rain in the forecast.

The volleyball team lost last night. They won the first game but lost the next two.

My class went well last night. I am part of the Adjunct Council and we had a meeting last night before class. We are working on a certification process for Adjuncts and it is good to be involved in the project.

The students did a nice job in class last night. I tried to change it up a bit and we did a group project during class. It gave them a chance to get up and move around and work together. We had a good discussion after as well. I think the night was a success.

I am glad to be done teaching for the week. Those two days get to be long.

Tonight I have a meeting at 3 and another meeting at 5:30 but it shouldn't last too long so I plan on being home by 6ish.

I received an email from my tenant and he said a pipe is rusted an leaking in the basement. He also said there is water damage in the bathroom upstairs and the floor is turning black.

That dang house is an monkey on my back. It wouldn't be so bad if I had ANY type of construction skills. If I could replace the floorboard and carpet in the bathroom or do some type of repair work it would be better but I just don't know how and don't have the tools. I guess I should have taken shop in high school.

Drew's finger is a little better every day. I am still taping it but I think I will see if he can go without it on Friday. If it is sore after, he would have the weekend to rest it.

Nothing going on tonight. Tomorrow Jess has a volleyball tournament here in Perry and the HS boys football game is in Boone Friday night.

The weekend if rushing upon me....Whoo-hoo!