Thursday, September 4, 2008

Not a big fan of Palin

We had a bit of rain overnight and just some sprinkles this morning. It is still cool but I like this kind of weather right now. It is nice.

Last night Drew came home in tears and he was holding his right hand. He got his hand caught between two helmets. His fingers were swollen and very tender. I had Dawn take him to the emergency room to see if they were broken but it turns out they are just really badly jammed and sore. He has to wear a splint on his hand for a couple of days but he should be fine.

Jess has a volleyball tournament tonight in Adel. It starts at 4:30 so I will have to leave work a bit early to go see it. She is frustrated with the season already and the coach is giving her trouble. The coach actually called Jess last night to talk to her because she was hard on her in practice and knew Jess was upset. She told her she is the core of the team and she needs her to lead the team.

I think it is a bit unfair to put the responsibility of winning on her shoulders. Anyway, I guess we will see how they do tonight.

I went on my run this morning and got a cramp in my right calf. I had to walk the last half of the route. I am not very happy about it but I know if I push it, I can really make it worse.

Today I have a meeting in the morning and the rest of the day I should be able to get work done in my office.

Trash day today...the ladies will be in all their glory!