Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Is this some sort of cosmic prank?

So I was able to get a better night sleep last night. I took the melatonine and that seemed to do the trick. I slept from 9 until 4 so that is much, much better.

Yesterday was very, very busy with Nancy being gone most of the day. It was one of those days where you work like crazy but never seem to get much accomplished.

I had my first class last night and it was a bust! It started when I realized I didn't have any of the teacher's material that usually comes with the book. I didn't have the presentations or the quiz generator or any of the things that make my life a bit easier. So I work most of the weekend getting that stuff ready and doing it all from scratch.

As class time approaches, we lose our Internet connection. A line got cut or something in Adel and it knocked out our Internet, the cable TV in town and some phone lines. The connection was necessary for about half of my class activities so I am already in a hurt.

We start class and I am going over the material and I start to talk about the books and the CD's that go with them when I notice they don't have the same CD's I do. Upon a closer look, THEY SENT ME THE WRONG TEXTBOOK!!!! ALL of the stuff I had planned for class just went up in smoke. No Internet connection, different book, so the assignment I was planning on giving them they could not possible do because they had a different book.

In the end we talked about class a bit and I let them go home. I have to go through this again tonight so I need to contact DMACC today to see if I can get a copy of the correct books for class. UGH!

It can only get better from here.....right?