Friday, August 22, 2008

I'd like to give a shout out to my good friend "Friday"!

I made it to Friday! Whoo-Hoo!

Weather is pretty good. I think it is going to be warm today. High 88 and humid. I am not going to complain because it has been so nice lately. Rain is predicted for the weekend.

Work has been extremely busy but we are chipping away at it and "this to shall pass".

Jess has been complaining about her AP History class. AP stands for advance placement. I think they get college credit for it. There are only 12 kids in the class, everyone else dropped. She is also taking a DMACC class in the morning, but that class doesn't start until Monday. It is medical classes for the nursing program. Jess wants to be a pediatrician so these classes will be good for her. They are also for college credit.

Drew is liking school. I can tell this because he hasn't complained and his stories about school are always humorous. Since he is in 8th grade, they are the "seniors" of the middle school so I think that makes the year a bit better as well. They "rule the school"...lol

I start teaching Monday and my textbooks should be here today. I will spend the weekend prepping for class. It takes me about 10 hours to prep for a 4 hour class. It is a good thing I teach the same class Tuesday so the prep I do for Monday can be used for both days.

Today I am going to have a nice lunch. I am not sure what it will be yet but it will be good....for crying out loud I deserve it!

ok, off to start the day.