Thursday, May 29, 2008

If you are the one doing the rain dance......GIVE IT A BREAK ALREADY!

The weather is a real drag! Drew's game got cancelled last night. The weather really wasn't too bad but the rain from the previous night made the field a muddy mess.

The high school has a mess on there hands with the new athletic complex. It is muddy and even if they can have a game on it, I am not sure the fans can get to the stands to watch. The entire area around the fields is dirt, well mud right now, so to get to the field you would need mud boots.

The ladies at the garbage department are making their rounds in my neighborhood today. I hope they don't get their sun dresses wet. It is golf night and Jess has a softball game. We will have to wait and see what the weather does to see if any of these things will be a go.

If we didn't have golf, I wouldn't be heart broken. I enjoy golf but it should be enjoyable not a chore to do in the crappy weather.

One of the middle school teachers came into my office yesterday and asked if I watched the Big Ten track meet on tv this weekend. I hadn't. Anyway he said Jess' 400 time would have placed her 9th in the finals at that meet. How cool is that? There are 11 division one schools in the Big Ten so if Jess' time was 9th, she would have beaten two of the school's top runners.

One thing about the weather being crappy. I have been home every night this week. It has to be the first time in a long while that I have been home every night. I usually had to teach class or go to a game or meet or something. This week, so far has been clean. Home around 5 and to bed by 10.

Two days of school left!